They say everything is bigger in Texas! The city of Dallas is just the perfect city to get the authentic Texas experience. Dallas is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States. The city offers a variety of incredibly exciting and fun activities and events. Dallas offers historical attractions, delicious food, and much more. And for anyone looking for the ultimate sports entertainment, Dallas will not disappoint!
Here are the top things to explore and experience in Dallas, Texas:
- Dallas farmers market. Located in downtown Dallas, the farmer market has a variety of fresh farm produce including fruits, flowers, organic meat, cheese, and vegetables. A visit to the market will provide you with an opportunity to sample a variety of free food. Open from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. every day except Wednesday.
- The Dallas Museum of Art. Do you want to learn about the culture of Dallas? Then pay a visit to their museums. There is no better place than the Dallas Museum of Art. Come marvel at more than 20,000 pieces of artwork available on display in the museum that is more than 5000 years old to date. The Dallas Museum of Art has no entry charges, so it is perfect for your itinerary.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science. The museum is popular among children for its state of the art video and 3D computer animation that provide you with a lifelike simulation that guarantees a memorable learning experience, especially for kids.
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens. Are you looking for a fun outdoor family activity? The Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens is just what you are looking for. The garden covers 66 acres with an amazing 8 acre RoryMeyer’s children adventure garden where the children can explore and play all day.
- Klyde Warren Park. Klyde Warren Park is located in the middle of Uptown Dallas and is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. You can go see a concert or even grab a bite as the children play around the free space.
- The Sixth-floor Museum. The museum is famously known for documenting President John F. Kennedy’s early life, his presidential policies, and his assassination.
- The Dallas Zoo. A visit to the Dallas Zoo will be an experience to be remembered by kids. With lots of animals to visit, fun activities and exciting place to see, it’s surely a favorite for the kids.
- Sports Entertainment. The City of Dallas is home to several sports franchises. You sure will be familiar with following teams: The Dallas Cowboys (National Football League), the Dallas Mavericks (National Basketball Association), F.C. Dallas (major league soccer), Dallas Wings (women’s national basketball association), Texas Ranger (major league baseball) and Dallas Stars (National Hockey League).
There are also other activities for you to experience which include:
- Visiting The Shops at The Bishop Arts District.
- Paddle boarding on White Rock Lake.
- Checking out the Dallas World Aquarium.
- Going to a concert at the American Airlines Center, the house of blues or the Gexa Energy Pavilion.
- Catching a show at the AT&T Performing Arts Center.
One thing is for sure, whether you are on a tight budget or not, Dallas will offer you lots of activities that will let you achieve true Texas experience.